Sunday, April 29, 2012

Interview


Blog 6
Part A:

1. The person I interviewed was Mrs. Miles. She works at school as a social worker. As a child, Mrs. Miles she lacked a lot of love from her parents and in relationships. she has then decided to make sure to let her children know how much she loves them. she is a christian and believes that God is the reason for everything. she understands that no one truly knows what love is until they have experienced it from god. She also believes that love is most important when used to forgive and love those gwho have hurt us and have no enemies. For her, love is a spiritual thing as much as it is a feeling. She also believes in soul mates.

2. she is a reliable source because she writes love poems about her feelings. she has studied the forms that love is written and expressed in poems.


3. I first started to intevew her on April 15, by email.


 Part B:  3-5 questions.

1. What inspires you to write love poems.?

         The things that inspires me to write about love is that is something that I have always desired. I want to be loved by a man that loves me unconditionally. The so called love that I have experienced was someone trying to control me and my life. I write what I feel and how I want things to be for me. I am also inspired by how I feel about the love of God and also how I feel about a certain man in my life. Who I feel is my soul mate. I do not see him often, yet I feel a strong love for him. Sometimes I don't understand why I'm feeling this way towards him and I barely see him. But, it seems like this love is getting stronger towards him, which confuses me. I asked God about this and helped me see how when you truly love someone, distance doesn't matter.

2. Is there a specific way you write your poems and how and why did you choose that method.?
            The way I write poems is based on what I am thinking, or how I am feeling at that moment. Also everywhere I go I listen to people’s conversations, sermon and lectures in boring meetings, not so much in the boring meetings. Actually in the boring meetings I am probably writing another poem. I take a paper pad and a pen everywhere I go. I also get phrases from my pastor when he is preaching; and from songs. Every once in a while I will listen to love songs. I would hear a line in the song that could be a potential title to a poem to. What I do is write down the phrase so I won’t forget it. I have a very long list of 700+potential poem titles that I go through and look at. If one stands out that is the one I will write. All I need is a title. When a love poem comes to mind I am on that for a good two to three weeks. I have written well over 500 + poems. Many of them I have not typed out yet. Some are typed but not in my file. I have a file on my computer with alphabetized poems from A-Z, plus a file with newer poems that have not been placed yet. I also have a physical file with 26 folders. I wrote my first poem in 1987. I started flowing in the 2000’s and have been flowing since. I sometimes write one poem. Then other times I will sit and write 10 at one sitting. Because I have been doing it for so long, it does not take me but a few minutes to complete one. Other times I will start one and finish it later. This is a hobby that has become a habit.
3. Is there a specific style you wrte them in.? for example, every line rhymes, or every other, mabey you use the end to turn the poem around into a different direction, like shaekspear, or maybe in haiku form or something. have you also written any sonnets.?
           I usually write my poems in rhymes, because thats what always comes in my mind when I write. (see that was poetry right there). I try not to write lame rhymes like some Rappers. My rhymes make sense to me and othes. I do have some free verse poems too. Some are things of life and I do have some silly poems as well. I have written some Haiku poems. I do research on other styles of poems in which I try to write in. There are so many other styles out there but some are so complicated to do; you have to use your brain. I have done a sonnet before for a poetry class I had taken, if I can find it I will send it to you. I have done other forms as well but it was in school. I do still have the notes somewhere. I will look for them. To be honest with you I am flattered for the interview. I am glad to share my knowledge wtih someone especially for a worthwhile school project. This is giving back to the community, I'm loving it.





3 comments:

  1. Your Post made me really want to learn more about love peoms and why people write them because the poems she writes seems really meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your interveiw was welldone and very inspiring. You had well prepared and excilent questions for Mrs. Miles. Nice Job Marianna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAHHH Marianna! Nice job with your bost - it really made me realize how passionate love can be and it sounds like Mrs. Miles s very deep in her poems. I think I realized this because of the ways she talks about her meathod of writing poems

    ReplyDelete